The Windshield mount attaches directly to the inside surface of the windshield. The long neck of the windshield mount is flexible and can be formed to fit most applications. The windshield mount head, which attaches to the UltraGauge bracket, is a ball design which allows for fine position adjustment. The ball can be locked in place with the included locking ring.
- The windshield must be completely clean, dry and smooth. If the surface is not prepared properly the suction cup seal will eventually fail.
- The suction cup is protected by a thin plastic sheet which must first be removed.
- The silicon suction cup becomes less flexible with cold temperatures.
- The silicon suction cup must be pressed firmly against the windshield. It may be necessary to first mold the neck of the mount in order to allow the cup to sit flat against the glass.
- When molding the neck of the windshield mount use two hands and grasp the neck only. Never attempt to adjust the neck by grasping the bracket or UltraGauge....damage will occur
- Once the suction cup is firmly against the glass and flat against the glass, press the locking tab to create the suction which will adhere the suction cup to the glass.
- Attach the bracket to the mount. Do not attempt to force the bracket completely on to the mount, only slide the bracket onto the mount until it will not slide more.
- Adjust the mount's swivel head as desired and then very lightly tighten the locking ring.
- Insert UltraGauge into the bracket.
It is generally best to only lightly tighten the locking ring, so as to allow the ball swivel to still operate and hold its position. Attempting to position UltraGauge while the locking ring is tight, can result in damage to the mounting bracket.
If the mount was installed without following the instructions above, the mount will likely have been contaminated by the dirty windshield. If so, it will be necessary to wash the suction cup in warm water with a little dish soap. Rinse with hot water. Shake dry and then air dry until completely dry. Do not attempt to dry the suction cup with a towel or paper towel. Both will leave fibrous debris on the cup which will cause the suction cup to fail. A hair dryer can be used to accelerate the drying. Once the suction cup is dry, then follow the installation instructions above.
|Overall Length||8.3" (21mm)|
|Suction Cub diameter||2.75" (7cm)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Precise Auto Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.